Wednesday, June 10, 2020

And We Had Frost

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 21C. This morning it was 3C and there was a touch of frost. Today is suppose to be another lovely warm day. 

Lifestyle

Our grandson spent the day with us. He had his bike and I'm sure he rode 20 km on it. He loves going out on it, coming back and visiting with us and taking off again. 
While he was bike riding, the Spousal Unit and I did some gardening. We got the onions planted and I hung up some solar lights around the garage door. 
I hauled out a few more items to put on the front porch. 
I have since added a cowboy boot by the window. The flowers are artificial this year but we will be back to real ones next year. 
The Spousal Unit read that New Brunswick was to get frost last night and he check our weather report. There was a chance of it here so we were out to cover the tomato plants. 

We are happy we did the job as there was frost here this morning. 

Sewing

I got Kit's shorts made yesterday afternoon. They are an easy make and fit quite well. And they look like the shorts of that era. 
The jacket pattern is laid out and ready to cut. I'll cut out the lining when I'm ready to sew it. It is the tiny check fabric of the tops and skirt. 
I have squared off the front as this is an every day jacket, not one that goes with a pleated skirt and blouse. I still have a hat to make plus will make the shorts again in the check fabric. 
I'm almost ready to start testing again. I didn't realize how burnt out I was testing an outfit under tight timelines. I really needed the break from it to revive and do a few things I needed to do. The same was with knitting test patterns. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater for Kit's wardrobe and it's ready for a shot of steam. I'm ready to finish the slow sweater. 

Today

I should head out and weed more of the hedge while it is cool. Then sewing for Kit and knitting on the slow sweater. I'm not rushing to get everything done and am enjoying the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment