Monday, June 29, 2020

Muslin #1 Done

Yesterday was cooler but with some rain and high humidity. The high got to 21C. This morning it is 18C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I puttered around making a potato salad and ignoring the housework. I was too tired to think about cleaning the house other than clean up the kitchen. I need to focus on doing some every morning and get the house cleaned once again. 
Yesterday marked 19 days with no virus. I keep wondering if a case or two will emerge every day prior to checking. July 1 (Canada Day) will be quiet in the province with no celebrations. I am not sure what we will be doing but it certainly will be things at home. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room yesterday. I ignored cleaning up as I wanted to test the pattern I had hacked. I found out that the design is easy to sew. It went together like a dream. I put it on Anna and started to make the adjustments. 
I pulled it up at the shoulder seam as the bottom of the arm hole hung down too low. Pulling it up made it fit Anna better. 
I've measured and adjusted that part of the pattern. 
Next, I looked at the back. The fit was excellent. I then looked at the front and the bodice is too short. 
Her tummy shows so I have worked on the pattern by adding to it. I haven't taken a picture of this adjustment. I added about 1/8" to the side seams and about 1/2" to the center front and curved it down. I had to add 1/8" to the back side seam and curve it up towards the center back. I am ready to trace the pattern pieces again to make the next muslin. I am certain there will be a third muslin to make. 
One one of the forums, someone shared how to make a collage using Funky Collage Maker. I did a collage of Kit's wardrobe. 
I am happy with the results. 

Knitting

No knitting last night. 

Today

I want to do some housework, out to get a prescription filled, and work on Anna's pattern. I may have to be outside for a bit to move wood to the pile at curbside. I do hope to knit tonight. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment