Saturday, June 20, 2020

Heat Records Broken

Yesterday was the warmest day to date. It was 34-35C here. This morning it was 21C and the humidity was 74%. Yucky, sticky weather. The high temperatures for the past two days are record setting. 

Lifestyle

The heat has been draining and we have been tired. We both napped/rested yesterday. We are also sleeping poorly as the bedroom is warm. We are both irritable and can't wait for this heat wave to break as do a lot of other people. 
We have had 10 days without a new case of the virus. We are still being super careful and diligent. We wear a mask when shopping even if it is uncomfortable in the hot weather. We have not extended out circle yet but it will be happening shortly. We hope to keep it consistent so everyone will be safe. 

Sewing

I was back to the quilt shop to pick up fabric for daughter. I also bought some for the dolls. Anna's wardrobe is coming to fruition. It will be pink and navy blue. I want to do her overalls and a skirt in navy and two tops in pinks and blues. There will be a dress and I hope to knit a sweater and something else for her. July's projects. 

Knitting

I worked on a test pattern yesterday and finished the back. It is really cute and I'm enjoying the knit. Hopefully the white yarn will be almost gone when I'm done this. 
I will start the other test pattern today so I can work on it on alternate days. It is a shrug and quite cute also. 

Today

I have to make a potato salad, do some laundry and housework, get into the sewing room and knit. With the heat like it is, I do not want to be outside very much at all. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment