Sunday, June 14, 2020

Almost Done Kit's Wardrobe

Yesterday was cloudy with some sunshine. The high got too 22C. There was a very tiny shower at dinner time. This morning, it is cloudy and 12C. We could see sunshine today.

Lifestyle

I went back to bed for an hour yesterday morning. I didn't sleep but rested so I could get through the day. Once up, I took some items down to the sewing room, left and worked on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. We got the border done except for one piece. We missed it when going through the pieces. 
In the afternoon, we spent a bit of time outside with daughter-in-law. She showed us baby spiders of which were all displaced to another world. 
At noon they reported one case of the virus which they updated to a false positive by late afternoon. We have had 4 days without a new case. We are still being careful each and every day. 

Sewing

I garnered enough energy to sew the last item of Kit's wardrobe. The checked shorts were done in good time and went well as they had been made before. 
I turned the hat inside out for a different look. Now to put on the rest of the snaps and buttons. I folded up the left over check fabric to use at a later date. 
I looked at my sewing room and it needs a 6 month clean up. I'm going to spend some time doing a proper job when I finish Kit's wardrobe and plan Anna's. It is going to be major undertaking. 

Knitting

I took the sweater down and steamed it and put it on Kit. 
I will be happy when the yarn is gone. Though soft to work with, it isn't my favorite yarn. I like wool over acrylic. 
I also worked on the slow sweater. There was a major mistake (1 row) that caused me some grief but I got through it twice. I'm decreasing now and keeping up with the pattern. 

Today

I will be folding a load of laundry, working on drafting the surplice top, sewing on buttons and snaps, and knitting. I may do a couple of other things but only if I want to. 
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment