Friday, June 12, 2020

June's Test Pattern Complete

Yesterday was sunny with clouds. The high got to 21C. It clouded up over night and is warm this morning. Showers are in the forecast today.

Lifestyle

I found out that the vision center was open and called for an appointment to get my new glasses. Was there for 11 a.m. and was fitted in the parking lot with a mask on. Love my new glasses as the world is now sharper and more in focus. 
We did a few more chores in town and were home in good time. We are being ultra careful not to be in town when it is busy. 
There were no new cases reported and still 4 active cases. There was an article about the Maritime Bubble but Nova Scotia will join in if they feel it is safe enough to do so. There was a mention of expanding the two household bubble though and that is a good next step in my opinion. 

Sewing

I decided to sew a test pattern yesterday afternoon. It is a puzzle when marks are missing. The designer said it could be made in an hour and 2.5 hours later I was done. I pondered over Step 3 for 45 minutes before I got it. The designer has since fixed the pattern adding in missing information. I still couldn't make it in an hour as I am a slow sewer. 
And with the hood up. 
This will not be a part of Kit's wardrobe as they did not wear these styles in 1940. 

Knitting

I knit on the slow sweater and am almost finished the last back. So far, it has been a satisfying knit even if the pattern has mistakes in it. 

Today

Housework is in order and I will continue sewing on Kit's summer wardrobe. Tonight will be more knitting. 
Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment