Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Outdoors to Weed

Yesterday the high got to 14C and, with the cool wind, it was a chilly day. This morning it is 5C and the forecast is for rain and a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I set aside the housework and headed out the door to weed the hedge. This is a big project as it runs the length of our property. I set the goal to do 8 bushes both sides and almost completed the task by 11:30 am. I thought I was finished until a looked. It looks great where I finished. Next I will start at the other end and clean it up and then the middle section. I have to trim under the bushes so they don't kill me while weeding. These bushes are full of thorns that hurt when they go into you. They break off and you spend time digging out the sharp tip. 
While I crawled around the hedge, the Spousal Unit chose to dig the edge of the landscaping along the side of the house. It is very dry there and I will be happy when it is covered with rock. Between the landscaping and the hedge, June could be a very busy month outside. 
We had no new cases of the virus yesterday. Three out of 5 days have seen no new cases. But we continue to be diligent. No unnecessary trips and leaving stores we don't feel comfortable in. Curbside pick up where we can get it. Early morning shopping and low volume days. It has become our new normal. 

Sewing

I got Kit's blouse finished to the buttons. I don't have enough red buttons and no white ones. I need to buy them next week. 
I did start the skirt and it is an easy pattern and quite cute. 
Only half of the skirt is gathered onto the waistband. It is very full. There is a tie to be added to the front. 
I'm getting excited to see how it will look when finished. 

Knitting

I am doing well with the sweater in a lighter colored yarn. I got 26 rows completed by last night. 
I love all the cabling on this sweater. I read the pattern carefully when knitting as I don't want to make a mistake. 
The side panels are knit/purl only so it helps when following the pattern. I am enjoying this knit very much. 

Answering A Question

What do I do with the outfits I make? I have bins I keep them in. Like in a mess. What do I plan to do with them? 

  • Create a wardrobe for each of the dolls. Between 10 and 12 pieces. At the moment - 1 doll at a time. 
  • I have a desire to do historical clothing so will focus on some of the dolls getting a wardrobe in specific eras. My favorite is Victorian/Edwardian along with the Renissance era.  
  • I am looking at buying each doll a tub to put their wardrobe into. I would like to include shoes in their tubs. This way each will be complete when the time comes to give them away (hopefully not for many years). 
  • What doesn't fit into the wardrobe plans will be bagged up and donated to a family or give to someone who wants them. 
I had thought about selling doll clothes but I never feel like my work is good enough for sale. Also, I never know what to sell them for. The prices range from cheap to expensive. I struggle with where to price mine. Hence why I don't sell.

Today

It is housework today, some sewing and knitting. An inside day as it is raining already. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment