Sunday, June 07, 2020

All Is Well Once Again

Yesterday the high got to 19C. The mist rolled in and we have some very heavy rains during the day. Those rains didn't last long but they came all day long. Over an inch of rain fell. This morning it is 10C and foggy/misty. We are to have more showers today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday, I worked at cleaning the house, doing laundry, and helping with gardening. The Spousal Unit planted the geraniums and most of the tomatoes. He did get drenched in one down pour. 
The Spousal Unit got out the last puzzle we have in the house. This one is 2000 pieces and is our summer puzzle (rainy or very hot days). He's breaking up the large chunks to single pieces, a rule in our house. 

The escaped prisoner is back in custody and all is good again. We breathed easier when we got the emergency alert that he was in custody. 
Once again, we had no new cases of the virus or deaths reported yesterday. It is good to read that news and we continue to be diligent "just in case". 

Sewing

I finished the little shirt to the buttons. The collar is not perfect but it will do. I see I need to fix the shirt so the lines run across straight. Just a tiny fix. 
It goes nicely with the skirt. 
I'm ready to trace the shorts and capris and cut them out. I have found a pattern to adapt to make a jacket for this wardrobe. So far, all the items used are from one designer and all but one of the items is from one pattern. I'm adapting the jacket from another pattern by the same designer. 

Knitting

I cast on and started to knit a white sweater for the wardrobe. I'm using a pattern that I've knit before and love. No button holes as I may use a clasp to hold it closed. I'm ready to knit the sleeves flat. It is a fast knit as I've knit it before and the pattern is well written. 

Today

Some housework, some sewing, and some knitting. A lazy Sunday at our house. 
Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment