Saturday, June 13, 2020

Petal Hat Completed

Yesterday was warm and cloudy with a high of 23C. Yesterday the humidex was 28C. This morning it is cloudy and 15C. The high is to get to 25C with chances of a shower. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit got the road side of the ditch weed eated yesterday. It looks so much better trimmed down. While he was doing that, I scrubbed the bathroom. It was due for its big clean job. I also did a load of laundry and swept all the floors. 
There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The same drill is in place every day and we do our part by following them. 

Sewing

I sewed Kit the Petal Hat. It is an easy sew that took me less than 2 hours to cut out and finish. The only thing I did differently was to leave one seam open to turn the hat. I didn't do it on the brim as instructed. 
The hat fits Kit perfectly and I'm thrilled with the results. 
 I added a ladybug button for fun. 
I still have the checked shorts to make and snaps and buttons to sew on. I'm hoping to have this wardrobe done in three or 4 days. 

Knitting

I took a picture of the white sweater which still hasn't been steamed. 
I finished the body of the slow sweater. It doesn't have the front cross over piece and collar done yet. 
I have cast on the first sleeve and am working on it. The pattern I chose is the center one on the sweater. I am happy with the progress on this sweater and have no deadline to finish it in. 

Today

I'm not sure what I will get done today. I may nap this morning, sew this afternoon, and knit tonight. I'm tired as I slept poorly last night (part of my sleep disorder). 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment