Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Kit's Pedal Pusher (Capris)

The weather continues to be variable. Highs in or near 20C. Some wind, some rain, some sunshine. The nights are perfect for sleeping. We are in for some warmer days and nights plus some more rain. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has been planting the garden. He was almost finished when I brought home some onion plants. I also hope we can get leeks by next week. 
The front landing has been redone. It looks great. 
The dark composite adds just the right amount of contrast to the house. 
I headed out to shop yesterday and was home by noon. The first store I was in was great. Not a lot of people shopping and I was in and out fast. The second store had a line up of 10 people waiting for the store to open. Didn't stop there. The third store was for fabric and notions and I got everything fast and left. It was so cramped that you couldn't follow the arrows if someone stopped to browse or look for the correct item. 
We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are still people recovering but it remains hard to figure out. They are trying to get that sorted out. 

Sewing

On Sunday I made Kit a pair of capris. They were known as pedal pusher back in the day. The pattern was easy to sew and turned out quite cute. 
The pattern fits Kit well though I did snug up the elastic by 1/4". 
I did get elastic, buttons, zippers, snaps, and a meter of broadcloth from the fabric store yesterday. I need to go back in July for more notions to be prepared for fall and winter. The big find was the white buttons for Kit's tops and skirt. 
I also played around with pattern drafting for a surplice top for the Gotz dolls. I had a great time doing it. It is actually a hack using a pattern I already own. 
I need to trace it and the back and make a pdf out of it. Then I can play with a program I have a 90 day trial with. I will buy the program at 50% off as I want to do more pattern hacks/drafting. This program allows you to have professional looking patterns. 

Knitting

While at the fabric store, I picked up 2 cable knitting needles that I needed. 
I am knitting on the body of the white sweater and it could be done in the next couple of days. Once done, I will be back to the other sweater. I'm looking forward to knitting on it again. 

Today

Our grandson is spending the day with us. We love his visits. I'll do some housework, outside jobs, hopefully trace Kit's shorts, and knit. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment