Monday, June 22, 2020

Reworking the Pattern Hack

Yesterday wasn't as hot with a high of 26C. It felt hot as the humidity was high. This morning it is 13C with fog and is to get to 29C. Showers are in the forecast but who knows. The heat wave has passed they say. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was cranky day for both of us. We got the items ready for dinner, put them in the fridge and went for an hours drive after lunch. The route chosen wasn't really exciting but we did see hay being made, Canada geese goslings at dugouts, and some cattle. 
We had a wonderful Father's Day dinner with family. The burgers were delicious and we brought potato salad and deviled eggs. Dessert was ice cream cake. We had a wonderful visit. A good ending for our day. 
Yesterday was day 12 with no new cases. 

Sewing

I headed into the sewing room to find a pattern and actually found 4 stashed in a basket. I need to put the patterns away properly. I got the piece I needed and headed back upstairs to do a bit of pattern hacking. 
I got two hacks done though both are the same surplice top. One for American Girl dolls and one for Gotz. I enjoyed the process as I have been thinking a lot about how I could fix any mistakes. It was extra measuring when doing the hack. 
I started out with a basic bodice pattern (this is for American Girl dolls)
And ended up with this
The next step is to trace onto tracing pellon and make a muslin. If it fits, I can make the actual dresses and write up the patterns. I want to try and use software to get professional looking pattern pieces. 

Knitting

I finished the one test pattern last night and have to make a dress to go with it. I have the fabric for it. The other test pattern will be picked up and hopefully finished this week. 

Today

I would like to do some housework, clean the sewing room and knit. We have the doctor calling today for our 3 month visit. I need prescriptions filled. We both need blood work done but the lab is still closed it seems. A question to ask about when it could open. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment