Tuesday, June 02, 2020

A Day Full of Satisfaction

Yesterday was a cool but fairly sunny day. The high got too 15C. This morning it is 7C and is suppose to get to 15C. 

Lifestyle

I got all the floors washed once again with bleach and soap. This may be my last go round until the next wave. It's time to go back to the old way of cleaning once I get a new mop. My old one is falling apart on me. 
At 10:30, the Spousal Unit and I went out to do some landscaping. We were cleaned up and in the house at noon. 
The Spousal Unit had prepped the area so I needed to dig out some soil and get to work. I laid the bricks, cut the weed cloth and got it ready for rock. The Spousal Unit moves the dirt, hands me tools and bricks and helps with the cloth. Then he puts the rock on for me to spread out. After we clean up, he washes the rock. 
We are pleased with the results and it gave us the necessary boost to start around the house. It was a wonderful time for both of us as we came in feeling extremely happy. 
The number of new cases of the virus remains low; 1 to 2 a day. Yesterday was 1 new case. We must continue to be vigilant to keep the ourselves and others safe. We are trying to limit our trips to stores and will continue to wear masks. 

Sewing

My afternoon in the sewing room flew by and before I knew it, it was almost 4 p.m. I cut out a blouse for Kit and slowly sewed it together. I did a lot of thinking and got it right. 
Simplicity 1086
I need to do the hem and prepare it for buttons and snaps (if I have enough or do I need to buy some). The fit is perfect. Next up is a matching skirt. I will still have lots of fabric left over. 
I am finding that I enjoy sewing Keepers Dolly Duds patterns. The main thing is to have the correct fabric for the garment. I use mainly quilting cottons but have used light weight wool for a coat. If I get the wrong fabric, I have a disaster. 
I have also realized I can have a disaster and can throw it in the trash. It is part of learning about what works and doesn't work. 

Knitting

I started the doll's sweater again and got 12 rows knit on it. I am using this lighter yarn so I can see the stitches better.
Knitting it has been easier the 2nd time but I still count and check after every row. Once I get past row 21, I'll be knitting the rows for the first time and it will be slower. 

Today

I hope to get a bit more housework done and start weeding the hedge this morning. This afternoon is finishing the doll's top and start the skirt. I'll knit this evening. I'm going to enjoy each thing I do today.
Until the next time..........................................

1 comment:

  1. What do you do with all the doll things you make?

    ReplyDelete