Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Take Two of the Pattern Done

Happy Canada Day
It was warm and muggy again yesterday. Though the high got to 27, the humidex said it was 33-34C. Today could be just as bad. We woke to 19C and it is to be the same as yesterday. 

Lifestyle

I was busy yesterday morning. I tidied up the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, and scrubbed floors. While I was busy I did a load of blankets. It is nice to be working at cleaning the house again. 
The roses are blooming like crazy. The Spousal Unit has picked 11 blooms for me and I did a cute little arrangement for the kitchen window. 
The vase is an old sugar dish from my grandmother's house. I put a small bowl in it and set a glass frog on top to hold the roses. 
Last night, there was a good 30-45 minutes of fireworks on the street behind us. Elliott hid somewhere in the house as he is scared to death of them. I woke to quiet and then a bit later one more went off. I wasn't expecting that. The show was spectacular, at least the part I watched. There will be more tonight to celebrate Canada Day. There are no parades, etc. this year so people will celebrate at home. 
There was one case of the virus reported yesterday. The person had travelled out of province, self isolated upon returning, and tested positive. A reminder of how easy it is to get the virus. 

Sewing

I sewed yesterday afternoon and got Take 2 done on the Gotz sized pattern. The front length looks good and it is even all the way around. 
The back armholes bagged out so I took a dart in to see how it looked. 
I have done an adjustment at the shoulder seam to see if it takes care of the problem. If not, it's back to the design table. I have ideas on what I could do including trying another basic bodice pattern. 

Knitting

I got a picture of the last sweater and it is very sweet on Peggy. 
I started another test pattern -- a bolero. It will be published before I finish it. I seem to be knitting the increase rows twice to get them correct. I count as I knit and it is wrong. I do it again and it is right. Now I am knitting so much and putting in a marker so I can keep track. Hopefully this will help me. Though I don't like the yarn, I want to use it up and get it out of the house. The end product can go into the box of orphan items which I may find fabric to go with it. 

Today

The goal is to tidy up the rooms I have cleaned, clean the dining area and front entry and do more laundry. This afternoon I hope to do Take 3 of the pattern hack and tonight knit. If tiredness takes over, I may have to nap.
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment