Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Welcome 2020


I'm ready to bust the stash this year. Here is where I am on January 1, 2020
  • I am patiently waiting to get my sewing machines back. Two to three more days and I am hoping I can pick them up. 
  • The pile of Christmas fabrics on the cutting table have projects planned for them. If they aren't fitting for the fronts of the projects, they will make great backings for them. 
  • Covering up the fabric stash is helping me focus on the fabrics on the table. 
  • 2020 Monthly To-Do List has its own tab on the blog and January is posted. I'll fill it in weekly. 
  • I'm excited to start filling in the Excel spreadsheet (Stash Shrinker). It will be color coded this year. What is on the shelving unit is now officially called stash and will be recorded as purchases (inventory). Beside it will be the sewn amount. The goal is to see how much is in the stash and if I sew each piece up or have to put some back on the shelf. 
  • I have my first embroidery project planned. I'll let it stitch out while I'm cutting out projects. If I force the issue, I can get the embroidery done in one afternoon. 

Christmas Fabric Overload

As I have had an obsession with Christmas fabric and there is an overload in the stash. I am focusing on it at for January. Get it off the shelf and into made items for Christmas 2020.

Fabric Choices - Project One

After some thought and playing with a bunch of fabrics that go well together, my first project has been chosen and is for the living room area. 
Project #1 is a tree skirt and matching side table toppers. For the tree skirt I have chosen a few techniques to do.
  • Line the tree skirt so no raw edges show. 
  • Do a rolled hem on the ruffle. I will use 2 spools of red thread and the third one will be embroidery thread to add some sheen.
  • Top stitch with 2 threads in either gray. May try a twin needle. 
  • Make tie closures out of the grey fabric. 
The two table toppers are a work in progress with my ideas becoming a reality.
  • The centers will be the grey fabric with the print as a border. 
  • The batting will be flannel that I have on hand for these kinds of projects. 
  • Backing is a fabric that I bought and shouldn't have. It will be perfect for these items. 
What I haven't decided is how to quilt it. I'm thinking straight lines vertically. 
I hope to have these projects cut out by Jan. 2, 2020 and the amounts recorded in Stash Shrinker. 
I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment