LifestyleYesterday morning I did a bit of laundry before heading out to get grandson. We are working on his science project. We had a good 90 minutes rewriting his essay. We aren't done but we are about 75% done.
SewingI spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I made a pattern to fit the bottom shelf of the table we use for the Christmas tree. I cut out the last of the snow storm fabric in it plus 4 - 5" squares for 2 mug rugs. The backing needs to be pieced before I can cut it out along with 6 squares. I will have used up the full 2.5 meters of fabric when this is done.
I had a huge urge to have a completed project so I spent two hours making a back drop for the nativity scene. Armed with a video, staple gun, fabric, and painter's canvas I got the first part of the project done in good time.
The next hour was spent putting hot fix crystals onto the stars. When happy with what I did, I used my trusty hot fix gun and attached every one to the fabric. The end result was a twinkling night backdrop for the nativity.
In real life it twinkles beautifully. It and the cardinal backdrop will be bagged and put away today.
Once done that, I downloaded a bunch of patterns with an 18-50's - 1920's theme. I'm hoping to start a prairie dress once I get the first batch of Christmas sewing done.
I would like to make a new bag pattern using this fabric.
I will have to see if I can fit it in this month. I don't want to loose sight of sewing up the Christmas fabric.