Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2020 - A Year of Balance

It is the last day of this decade for us. 2019 was a year of good and bad for me.  
The Good - I sewed a lot of fabric this year. It became a forced issue to get the fabric off the stash shelf. I made a consorted effort to use up the fabric so I can buy a few new pieces. 
The Bad - Our basement flooded on April 8 and we didn't get it back for 8 weeks. My sciatic nerve flared between late April and June and all the pain and stress I was feeling gave me a good case of gastro issues. 
With most of the bad behind us, we look at 2020.

2020

This year is a move towards balance in our lives. For me that means balancing sewing, home, and travel.  

Health

  • Self care
    • Loose 25 lbs. this year through healthy eating, moving more, and drinking more fluids
    • Continue going to WW at Sackville as it is a great fit for me at this time.

Home

  • Get work done upstairs as we have planned
  • Get our front porch boards redone and have the back deck done. 
  • Yard work by me. I need to get outside more and enjoy the yard. 

Sewing

  • Sew 50 meters of fabric this year from the stash. 
  • Continue with monthly to do list to keep focused on sewing down the stash.  
  • Sew up half of the Christmas fabrics. 
  • Try to complete half of the UFO's in the sewing room. 
  • Do 1 embroidery project each month. 
  • Test sew for the dolls.
  • Finish the sewing room decor. Desk and filing cabinet need to be purchased and pictures hung. 
  • Balance sewing with life - sew more in winter, less in summer
  • Finish the Couture Sewing (doll) Academy. 

Knitting

  • Knit using a variety of yarn weights from the stash. 
  • Knit test patterns for the dolls. This is something I enjoy. 
  • Do Sweater 101 (child's size) so I can knit myself a nice sweater.
  • Think about renewing my membership with the Knitting Guild Association and redo the beginner's class. I'm ready now that I've knit a lot in the past 2 years.   

Other

  • Do some exploring during the nice weather once to twice a month.
  • Visit Newfoundland if possible. 
  • Read a book now and again. 
I am looking forward to 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment