Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Embroidery Issues

We are moving into another cold spell. This morning is -4C and tonight we could see -12C. We then warm up to 0C by the weekend. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, I mopped the dining area floor and then cleaned the stairs. Both areas look much better. 

Sewing

I spent my afternoon stitching out lace on the sleeves and button band. It was a disaster. 
I did everything right but I used the wrong needle. This is to be stitched out using a 75/11 universal needle not an embroidery needle. Sewing thread is finer than embroidery thread. Today, I try again using fabric in the stash. I'm saving the test fabric for when I have the problem sorted out or when I give up. 
I did cut out the blouse and skirt pattern and marked the darts. It's ready to sew when I get the lace figured out. Hopefully this afternoon. 

Knitting

I knit up a storm and finished the hat. I love this pattern and find it a relaxing knit. 
I cast on the cowl and started to knit it. It takes a bit of getting use to as the increases are a bit different. Once I get into the swing of doing them, I'll be fine.
You measure the bottom part (where the yarn is hanging out of) from needle to needle before you start in the round. For this scarf, I'll do 18" rather than 20". 

Today

I am getting ready to take grandson to school as son has had surgery this morning. I'm on call to pick him up after school. This morning, I will be out to pick up sewing needles and more thread for embroidery and will be working on the lace this afternoon. If successful, I will start it on the proper fabric as soon as possible. Tonight is knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment