Sunday, January 19, 2020

Wave Pocket Market Tote

It is done and here is my review of the bag. 
Pattern Used
The free pattern was found sometime ago at
The fabric used was bought at a quilt shop. I found the cat fabric and then laid fabrics with it until I got what I wanted. 

The fabric for the piping came from the doll's stash. I needed something to spice the bag up a bit. 

A short description on how you made it/problems overcome/etc.
The pattern is a bit hard to follow in spots and I wanted to do a few changes to it. 
I made my own piping and followed the instructions for sewing it onto the pocket. Great instructions for that. 
I did the back pocket as per the instructions but changed the front pocket. Instead of sewing a seam down the center front, I added a magnetic snap for a larger pocket. 
I reinforced the fabric with a square of interfacing before adding the snap, covered it with a piece of fusible fleece before adding fusible fleece to the bag. 
The inside pocket is practical. I opted to use my handles on the bag as the pattern's were not finished to my standard. I followed their instructions for attaching to the bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment