Sunday, January 19, 2020

Wave Pocket Market Tote

It is done and here is my review of the bag. 
Pattern Used
The free pattern was found sometime ago at https://sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/wave-pocket-market-tote
The fabric used was bought at a quilt shop. I found the cat fabric and then laid fabrics with it until I got what I wanted. 


The fabric for the piping came from the doll's stash. I needed something to spice the bag up a bit. 

A short description on how you made it/problems overcome/etc.
The pattern is a bit hard to follow in spots and I wanted to do a few changes to it. 
I made my own piping and followed the instructions for sewing it onto the pocket. Great instructions for that. 
I did the back pocket as per the instructions but changed the front pocket. Instead of sewing a seam down the center front, I added a magnetic snap for a larger pocket. 
I reinforced the fabric with a square of interfacing before adding the snap, covered it with a piece of fusible fleece before adding fusible fleece to the bag. 
The inside pocket is practical. I opted to use my handles on the bag as the pattern's were not finished to my standard. I followed their instructions for attaching to the bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment