Friday, January 31, 2020

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Yesterday was cold in the morning and the north wind made it feel colder. There were snow flurries through out the day but nothing much. Last night, the temperature was -9C at 9 pm and -7C this morning. Tonight is to be -15C and snow is predicted for tomorrow; enough to have a warning. 

Lifestyle

I headed out for blood work yesterday morning and the wait was an hour. It was busy, busy, busy. Had been since 6:30 a.m. It was quite the place not to be though no one seemed sick. 

Sewing

I got messaged that the files I've been testing and not working have been pulled. I stitched out the ones that did work and am ready to start sewing the blouse and skirt. While the stitch out was happening, I got one half of the binding hand sewn down on the second Christmas table topper. I can finish it up during February's embroidery session. One step forward.
I got February's list up and have only 1 doll test pattern planned. I see one Canadian designer had 3-4 more patterns sent in for testing. Two coats/hats and one romper for sure. I'm hoping that these patterns come out one a month as I'd love to test each one. 
I also have one embroidery design to stitch out and will have to buy enough fabric for 2 wall hangings (same amount needed for 1). The wall hanging is Valentines but the plan is to buy plain fabrics to show case the embroidery. 

Knitting

I am unknitting the scarf. I found 2 mistakes when I increased. I will probably get it unknit tonight and then start from that point tomorrow. Two steps back. 

Today

I'm out to get groceries this morning and then a couple more times. I plan on doing a load of laundry and some sewing. I'd like to say I will get the doll's outfit done but I'd be surprised if I did. More unknitting tonight. 
Until the next time........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment