Saturday, January 11, 2020

What Weather Haven't We Had?

Yesterday morning's temperature was -17C at 6 a.m. By 9:30 a.m. it was -5C and by noon it was 0C. The temperature rose to 4C at 8 p.m. It was 5C this morning (6 a.m.). 
We had some rain with a bit of snow mixed in it and the snow has begun to melt. The deck is almost bare. We are to get rain today and tonight it is to turn to freezing rain. The weather has been nearly everything you can imagine in the past three/four days. 

Lifestyle

I was out yesterday to help at the community hall. We also went out after lunch to do a few things also. I was feeling like I was coming down with a cold and rested the remainder of the day. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room before lunch and got the padded hem piece on. I need to sew a row down the center and thread 2 pieces of heavy yarn through the two channels. 
The lining is ready to sew into the bodice and the pleats in the skirt are pressed and stitched in place. I should have it finished on Monday at the latest. 
I will launder the fabric for the bag so I can sew it up next. I have to find a piece of fabric to make some piping. I'm sure I have some in the stash. I'm looking forward to making this bag as it will be a fun bag when done. 

Knitting

I'm enjoying knitting the child's sweater. With the rounding up, it is slightly bigger than the measurements given. I checked the row gauge and it remains at 7/inch. The width is a bit bigger due to rounding up. I may round down the next time. 
The back is done. The front is knit to the cast off for the placket and I have 3 rows knit on each side of placket. Next is the neck shaping which I am looking forward to. I probably have a week of knitting left on this fun project. 

Today

I want to sew on the dress and get quite a bit done on it. I also want to knit. I am not doing a lot as I will rest to keep this cold at bay. I do feel better this morning so am hoping I slept it off last night. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment