Thursday, January 16, 2020

Market Bag Started

Yesterday we had flurries most of the day. Big fat flakes that fell heavily and then tiny flakes that you could barely see. The temperature rose to 0C, which was lovely. It is -4C this morning. Snow will begin at noon and the high will be -2C.

Lifestyle

While I cleaned the kitchen, the Spousal Unit went out and sprinkled salt on the driveway. It was really icy and a bit dangerous. After lunch, he put out more salt as it was warmer. At 4 pm, he went out to clean the driveway as all was ready. The boy across the street came over to help him. At 9, he is a great help. He enjoyed lifting huge hunks of ice and throwing them in the ditch. The cherry on the top was jumping into the ditch when it was done. With his help, we have a clean, ice free driveway. 

Sewing

I put the ribbon on the dress, took the pictures, looked and the sleeves are flat. 
I have to redo the photos today. I did a picture showing the drawers I made. With a bit of a tug on the legs, I'm quite happy with them. 
I also started the Market Bag. I read each step twice and did the sewing carefully. This is the first bag I've made without interfacing the outer bag. I'm a bit worried and may go back and do it. It is also the first bag I've made with 1/2" seams. 
I spent a lot of time sewing on the piping but am pleased with the results. I did sew one pocket onto the bag. 
This is the bag back. With the pockets, you stitch down the center front and then 4.5" in from the sides. On the front, I will only sew 4.5" in from the sides and put a magnetic snap at the center. I'd like to have a bigger pocket in the middle. 

Knitting

With more calculations, unknitting, knitting again, the first sleeve is done. I did knit 4 extra rows (no decreases) to get the length I wanted. Overall, I'm pleased with the sleeve and ready to start the second one. 

Today

With snow and cold in the forecast, it's a home day. The goal is to start cleaning the dining/living/entrance way. Sewing in the afternoon and knitting tonight. Hot tea to keep warm. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment