Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Starting A New Project

Yesterday was quite a nice day with some sunshine, a late afternoon shower and a high of 5C. This morning it is -3 and snowing lightly. The deck is white, the streets are salted, and we could see the sun sometime today. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning both the bathroom and the kitchen. I even vacuumed all the floors. All was done in good time and I was able to relax a bit before lunch. That meant the reusable bags were taken out of the dryer and folded ready to go back into the car. 
I've changed one more thing in my diet (though I'm not following WW at the moment). I stopped using Mio in my water. It seems it was an irritant; or the sweetener was as my IBS has settled down a lot since stopping it. 

Sewing

I tidied up the cutting table a bit as it was annoying me. The Christmas fabrics are back on the shelf for another month. I got out fabric to make a doll's blouse (test pattern) and there is enough for the blouse and a skirt. I'm going for an old fashioned look. 
I set up the machine to embroider the lace collar. I used an expensive stabilizer as called for and got all started. About 3 or 4 minutes into the stitching, I had an issue. So, I redid the hoop with cheaper stabilizer and it stitched out without an issue for 90 minutes.
While the lace collar stitched out, I hand sewed down the binding on one of the end table toppers. I'm playing thread chicken with this as I don't think I have enough thread left to finish the second one. I will need to buy another spool of light grey thread to finish up the rest of the grey Christmas fabric. I've used a large and a small spool of grey thread in the past year of sewing. 

Knitting

I spent some quality time on the messy bun hat last night. I am almost ready to start decreasing the top.
I love the yarn. It is so nice to knit. I love the colors and how nicely they blend together. It has been such a lovely knit. I have the Escarpment scarf to make with the second ball of yarn. 

Today

I will be cleaning the dining area, hall, and the stairs. Then it will be sewing on the doll's outfit. Tonight I hope to finish the hat and start the scarf. Another day at home. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment