Thursday, January 30, 2020

Embroidery Issues Still

Yesterday the temperature dropped all day. Slowly but surely and this morning it is -10C with a windchill of -16C. We had a few flurries during the day but not enough to really see. 

Lifestyle

We were out yesterday morning. I had to get sewing notions and the Spousal Unit needed to go to the library. 

Health

Though I am not going to stop doing Weight Watchers, I have chosen to cancel my membership. Though I like the group, I personally felt I wasn't getting enough from the meetings to warrant the monthly fee. I will try for three months on my own and then will do it digitally. I will go back to the meetings when I'm closer to my goal. 

Sewing

We went to the fabric store so I could get a large spool of white thread and needles for the machine. Interestingly enough, I can't get universal needles in 75/11. Only 70/10. I can get embroidery needles in 75/11. I bought 2 pkgs of them plus 1 pkg of 70/10 titanium needles. I will try them on the lace that just won't work. I didn't buy any fabric as I'm too caught up in this test pattern. I need to think about the Valentine's file and may go with non Valentine fabrics. Textured white fabric and something with red for the binding. 
I spent my sewing time doing embroidery files. The files I want to use on the blouse will not work. Even the new ones the designer sent me. The other designs work perfectly. Go figure that one out. I have a feeling with the first design, my machine can't/won't get everything aligned properly and when I wash the stabilizer out, the threads come apart. During this time, I've used up .25 meter of fabric and over a spool of thread. Nearly a large spool of thread. Time to move forward and do what I can and sew up the blouse and skirt. We can sort out the other embroidery afterwards. 
With this embroidery not working, I'm not getting the Halloween sewing done. I will quietly put it away until March. I'm sad but these things do happen. 

Knitting

I worked on the scarf and am ready to start knitting in the round. 
I'm enjoying this knit a lot. I will probably have a part ball left over to make something for the dolls. Maybe a sweater. 

Today

I will have blood work done this morning. This afternoon, I will sit and watch the embroidery machine do its thing on the sleeves and front placket of the doll's blouse. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time..............................

1 comment:

  1. You might try TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). It has been valuable to me in my weight loss journey, and is much less expensive than WW. Several people in my TOPS group used to belong to WW. Ours is a very supportive, congenial group.

    ReplyDelete