Thursday, January 23, 2020

Two Projects Completed

Yesterday was warmer with a high of -3C. The sun shone and it was lovely outside. This morning the temperature is -3C and it is to get to a high of 3C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was hair cut day so we were out for a bit. We had to go to get Elliott food after we were done. We were both tired as we hadn't slept well the night before. But we lasted without a nap until bedtime. 

Sewing

I fiddled and diddled with the pattern and got three extra snowflakes embroidered on the wall hanging. Once it was done, it was an easy task to finish. I was done by just after 3 p.m.
I have everything ready to make another one on Jan. 26th. Same thread colors but I'll mix it up a bit. I also have 3 snow buttons to put on the extra snowflakes. 
While hunting for plastic circles to hang the wall hanging, I found the kitty buttons. I popped one onto the Market Tote. 

It really finished the bag off. 

Knitting

I spent the time and finished the child's sweater I was practicing on. I'm quite pleased with the end result and learned a lot. 
Overall, it looks balanced for a small sweater. I like how Cheryl Burnette walks you through each step. Some you need to watch several times to get the technique (unless I'm dense headed). She does leave out bits and then mentions them in the next video. I need to work on sewing up the side seams so the decreases match perfectly. I have one ball of yarn left and I found a toque pattern to knit. It will go on next month's list. 

Today

I was going to go into the city but I'm not. Not sure of the weather (freezing rain mentioned). I'll do housework and start sewing the Christmas fabric I cut out. Knitting will be a messy bun hat. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment