Monday, January 27, 2020

A Christmas Sewing Day

Yesterday was wet, grey, and warm. The low was -1C and the high was 8C. The snow is going, water is running in the ditch, and you'd think spring was around the corner. I will tell you it isn't. It is going to be cool with chances of snow next weekend. 

Lifestyle

On Saturday, I headed back to another part of the city with daughter-in-law. It was the soup and meat run. We had a great morning together. The men went the opposite direction and we met up for lunch in our own town. It was a wonderful day. I did nothing when we got home which is fine. 

Sewing

I spent Sunday sewing. All day in the sewing room. I called it Boxing Day Sewing. I worked on the Christmas items and enjoyed myself immensely. 
The first item I sewed was the topper for the shelf on a table. The tree sits on top of the table and I put something on the bottom. This past Christmas it was Santa's workshop (Lego). 
It is pretty plain with just the snowstorm fabric but it will show case what ever I put on it. I didn't want something that was a busy print. 
I then sewed up the second topper for the end tables in the living room. I also made the binding and sewed it on both toppers. I'm ready to hand sew down the binding. 
At this point, I have enough light grey thread to hand sew the binding down. I need to buy another spool of that color thread as I have more grey to sew next month. The binding will be sewn down as designs are stitched out for a doll's blouse. 
I have sewn 9.85 meters so far this month. I still have to sew a doll's blouse and a Halloween wall hanging Jan. 30-31. I am happy with what I have sewn this month. 

Knitting

I have been slowly knitting away on the messy bun hat. I do between 4 and 8 rows a night and then read. I have almost 2" left to knit before I can start decreasing. 

Today

Housework this morning and sewing this afternoon. I need to get the free standing lace done for the test pattern. I will hand sew while the machine stitches out the lace. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment