Friday, December 27, 2019

The Sewing Room Is Clean

It is -12C this morning and there is no wind. This has been expected as the temperatures have been dropping for the past couple of days. We are to have snow this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

We had a fabulous Christmas this year. Good food, good people and lovely gifts. The food was simple this year so no one person spent all day cooking and we ate off paper plates at noon and dinner. We laughed and enjoyed the luxury of having family together. I texted daughter while we opening gifts and she snap chatted with grandson. 
Yesterday we were home all day relaxing. Elliott was happy to have us home and he did let us know he was upset with us being away so much. He started to clear off the puzzle table. 
The lid and some pieces landed on the floor and the rest was on the chair. 
He came running up the stairs, said he was helping to sort puzzle pieces, and sauntered off to bed for the day. 
I spent some time getting Netflix up on the basement TV. It took some doing but its ready for us to watch when we want some movies. I also tried to set up My Cloud but need a special cable to hook the machine to the internet box. I want to put all our files on it. Lastly I tried to get the Mac to work on the TV and failed miserably on that. I have to find the Apple TV box and try again. There was successes and failures in the technology department. 

Sewing

With my back feeling better, I tackled the sewing room and finished cleaning it. Two bags of garbage left the room, all surfaces were wiped, the floor swept, and things put away. 
I need to hang a picture above the cube. But all is neat and tidy. 
The doll's cube was cleaned up as was the sewing machine cabinet. Not a lot was tossed from this area as I use it all. Just a few pieces of paper or wrapping and a couple of scraps of fabric. 
Pressing area is tidy and organized. A few items put away or out to be sewn. The cutting table is clean and a pile is on one corner to be sewn up and then shipped to daughter. 
That area has acquired a box for items to go to the thrift shop. It is about 1/4 full. I'm ready to wash the floors and do my list for January which is developing in my mind. 
One of the things I wish to do in January is sew down the Christmas fabric. I want to make a tree skirt for our tree and I found this picture on Pinterest (no website to share)
I need to dig out a pice of fabric for the skirt and buy some stripe fabric for the ruffle. I'll gather rather than pleat the ruffle. I'll use up some odd fabric to line the skirt, put on ties and love it to death. I'm sure I will use up 2 pieces/meters from the stash for this project. 

Knitting

I am still working on the doll's red dress. I've cast off the sleeves and cast on under the arm. One more row has been knit past the cast on row. 

Today

I have books to do and then wash the sewing room floor. I also would like to finish cleaning the family room if possible so I can wash that floor in a day or two. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time..............................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I really enjoy your blog
    Joyce in Cranbrook, BC

    ReplyDelete