Saturday, December 07, 2019

One Christmas Present Left to Make

Yesterday was a grey day until late afternoon. It was cool and cloudy with a high of 0C. It cleared off during the evening and this morning you can see the stars and it's -4C. A cool day here.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I cleaned the dining area. It was tidy up, move the furniture and wash the floors. I'm using a new cleaner and it is getting the floors shinier. The hardwood floor needs something done to it as it is scratched and dull. 
I put up the cardinal canvas I made at the end of June. 
I will add a cardinal ornament to the table. Once the living room is cleaned, I will start decorating. 

Sewing

I finished the towel set. I need one more item and it will be done. Hurrah!! 
I swept the sewing room floor and got most of the thread bunnies picked up. The room really needs a good cleaning and I'm ready to do it. 
Next up, I prepped the serger for 4 thread. That meant putting the 2nd needle back in. It took quite a bit of time as I've misplaced the tool to hold the needle. I finally got it in, tension set properly and thread changed from white to navy. Next up - clean off the cutting table so I can cut out the pajama pants. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's sweater and got the cables done, the under arms cast off. I'm ready to add the sweaters. My big question is - Do I reknit the sleeves??
I will probably spend a couple of days redoing the sleeves. I really want it done properly. 
I knit a few rows on the other sweater. I'm on the sleeves so it won't take long to finish it up. I'm hoping by Christmas. 

Today

I am taking grandson Christmas shopping and will have him home by 1 to 1:30 this afternoon. He needs to study for exams. In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit and I will go and get a few groceries and then I will knit. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment