Friday, December 06, 2019

A Good Day In The Sewing Room

Yesterday was a grey cloudy day. It snowed hard for a while but nothing stuck to the ground. Today is suppose to be nicer but cooler; the beginning of 3 days of cooler weather before it warms up to rain. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning the bathroom and kitchen were cleaned. The floors were washed to finish up the job. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room finishing up tea towels. The toppers are done and I need to sew buttons on them. I chose these ones from the stash (hope I have more).
I then cut trips of fabric for a border on plain towels. Two are done and 2 are ready to be sewn on. 
What I have done so far. 
I have been asked to make a reading pillow (an order) and I'm hesitant about making one. I'll be calling the lady today to see what she wants and then decide. 

Dolly World

I dressed Kit in an outfit that I will sell. I love what I did and am thrilled it turned out so cute. 
I need to find white shoes for her to wear and set up my photo area. 
I'm going to do it as an Easter outfit. I have to say, this was a fun and cute outfit to make. 

Knitting

I had a good stretch of knitting last night. I am  5 rows short of knitting the first buttonhole. 
I have memorized the pattern but I can still make mistakes when I start the pattern again. It's getting the knit 3, purl 1 stitches in the right place. Once I do 2 more of this pattern, I change to cables. New pattern to memorize.

Today

The goal is to clean the dining area and prepare it for Christmas decorating. I hope to do a good job. Then it's sewing and knitting. Another busy day. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment