Tuesday, December 17, 2019

2019's Accomplishments

I was going to post what I enjoyed sewing in 2019 but decided not to. I enjoyed making it all. I had a lot of favorites and there was nothing I didn't like. I decided to look at the big picture instead.

Accomplishments

My biggest accomplishment was sewing almost 90 meters and keeping my purchases to about 30 meters. After the middle of September I went 30 days without buying fabric and have bought only 8 meters of fabric since then. Of that, only 1.45 meters remains for dolls clothes. One is a piece left from grandson's pajama pants and the other is 1.2 meters I bought as a reward for my year's sewing accomplishments. 

Reasons (The Why)

The main reason I sewed so much fabric was challenging myself to sew from fabric I owned for the local fall fair. I made a list of what I wanted to make and paired stash fabrics with each item. There was a real sense of accomplishment when I entered my items in the fair. The reward of sewing from the stash was greater than winning prizes for what I put in. I also challenged myself to quit petting my fabric and start sewing it. 
The second reason was creating a to-do list. I mapped out October and used 24 meters that month. 6.5 meters was sent to daughter. The rest was sewn. November and December saw less as I focused on Christmas presents which required pattern making, testing and then sewing it with the good fabric. I have a new pattern for future sewing projects. 

Now What

I am closing down the sewing room on December 17. I take my machines in for servicing on December 18. From then until Jan. 2, I will be cleaning the sewing room. Every bit of the room will be dusted, wiped, and scrubbed. The embroidery hoops will be cleaned. A tub with warm water, Dawn dish soap and several hours to soak them in. I can handle that nasty job as I love clean hoops. 

And Next (2020)

I hoping to pick up my machines Jan. 2. My 2020 goals will be set, January's to do list done, and the room clean and ready to start sewing again. 
Oh and be prepared to see the sewing room as I clean it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment