Monday, December 30, 2019

A Christmas Tree Skirt Begun

Yesterday was sunny but the wind made it feel cooler than the 0C it was most of the day. Today is suppose to have flurries in preparation for the snow/rain/freezing rain tomorrow. It is currently -3C at 6 a.m.

Lifestyle

I finished one more part of the paperwork this morning. Still more to go but I'm getting there. I hope to be done by the end of the week. 
The laundry did get folded and we didn't starve to death while I'm doing this job. I do take sanity breaks and did quit at noon. 

Sewing

I made a choice not to wash the sewing room floor today. It will get done in the next few days. Instead I needed to do something fun. I chose to make a circular pattern for a tree skirt for our small tree. 
It is circular and quite small looking. But it will have a ruffle on it. I did press the paper pattern and laid it on fabric. 
I had hoped the stripe would be the ruffle but it wasn't happening. I gave up and used the fabric the pattern is on for the ruffle.Got a big no on snowflakes.
I laid the snowstorm fabric down with the check and I had a winner. 
I pressed the fabric and laid the pattern on it. The opening edge is on the straight of the grain. I also made the hole in the center 1/4" smaller drawing it in with a pencil. 
The fabric is folded so I will have an outer and a lining. 
I have cut one of the ruffles and need to make another one. From the remaining fabrics I will make two table toppers for the end tables in the living room. If there is a piece of the snowstorm fabric left, I will make a small table topper for the shelf the tree sits on. 
When done, these projects will have used up 1.5 meters of fabric. I will keep you posted on the steps I'm taking to make them. 
I took my new iron out of the box today. Grandson gave it to me for Christmas so I can press doll clothes. Love it. 

Knitting

I'm making headway on the dress. I'm loving it but will have to knit more rows as I think it is going to be too short. This is not uncommon for me. If I knit to stitches/inch, I am sometimes have to knit more rows. Especially with fine yarn. 

Today

 I'm out to get weighed in, do some shopping and get home in good time. I am not sure what I will do in the afternoon, depends on how I feel.
Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment