Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Knit and Now UnKnit

Yesterday morning we discovered that there was a layer of ice on everything. It rained later on, warmed up, and the fog rolled in. It did clear off for a bit and then more fog rolled in during the night. This morning it is foggy and 1C. Not sure what it will do though the chances of flurries is small. 

Lifestyle

I spent 6 hours at the hall helping put on a Christmas dinner. I was one of two who did the whole thing. A third lady left about an hour before I did. It was a lot of work and I came home tired and dehydrated. But I helped out and am not on their list to do this. I usually help do the sandwiches and treat trays for funerals. Not sure I will help again with meals as too many people come late and leave early. 

Sewing

As I was tired and sore, I did not sew yesterday. I would have made too many mistakes. 
Kit arrived yesterday and I'm in love with her. It's her short hair, blue eyes and freckles that sealed the deal. 
I still love my Gotz dolls the most but they are becoming harder to acquire and then pricey to buy. The last chosen dolls are selling for $300.00 by private individuals. It seems as if they are doing more chosen dolls vs regular dolls making it a crazy market. 

Knitting

I knit on the test pattern and got two pattern rows done on the coat. 
The pattern for the bottom part of the coat is unusual but very interesting. 
And I found out this morning that I have to unknit to the row with holes in it as there is a designer mistake in it. I'm gnashing my teeth and will be spending a couple of hours fixing that issue. This pattern was done in a rush and this is the third pattern mistake found - one on the sleeves and two in the coat. The third mistake is not a big one but still a mistake. The designer was in too big a hurry to get it out to us testers. Oh well, we will survive. 

Today

I'm off to WW to weigh in, then do some shopping and home in good time. I will rest again today, drink lots of water, and knit. Tomorrow I will be good to go.
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment