Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Decorating is Done

With Nova Scotia having the hot spot in Canada on Friday (Greenwood at 17.4C), the weather has started to cool off. Yesterday saw the temperature drop all day and this morning it is -3C. The wind is howling and we may see snow flurries today. 

Lifestyle

It was decorate the house day yesterday. We hauled the tubs up and got busy. 
Our tree is small and is full of cowboy/country decorations. The pops of red are cardinals. Under the tree sits Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore.
 I made them 40 years ago and they have sat in or under our trees ever since. 
On the shelf on the table is the Lego Santa Workshop. I bought it 5 years ago and it is made each year by grandson. Not this year as he is busy studying for exams. 
The small buffet in the eating area has cardinals on it. 
The nativity scene is on a table in the eating area also. 
Most of the pieces are 60+ years old and are from my childhood. 
The tubs are put away and we are enjoying what we got done. 

Sewing

I spent almost 2 hours in the sewing room trying to get a design ready to embroider. It was total frustration so I quit and am done. It could be the mess the room is in is causing me to feel more frustrated but I just think the design didn't want to be done. 
While doing the Christmas decorating, I have decided to look for a piece of fabric in black with stars on it. I want to put it onto a painter's canvas, add some hot fix crystals and use it for a back drop for the nativity. They are so easy to make and are very effective. 

Knitting

The beret is done for the test pattern and I am pleased with the set. 
I will dress the doll today and do a photo shoot. 
I finished up one sleeve on the sweater I set aside. Second sleeve and hat and it will be done. I need to find buttons for the sweater and fabric for a pleated skirt.

Today

I need to bake, do some housework, and pack my sewing machines. I may go up to the fabric store if I have time or it may happen tomorrow. Depends on the weather. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment