Monday, December 09, 2019

Almost Done Christmas Sewing

Yesterday was cool and sunny. The wind was cold though. Woke up this morning to 3C. It is suppose to rain starting at noon. And it's going to be a warm one 9C. 

Lifestyle

I tore apart the living room and wiped window ledges and baseboards. The floor was washed on my hands and knees. The furniture was polished and all is ready for the Christmas decorating later this week. 
I've had quite a bit of knee pain with the storms coming in. I've been stretching and doing everything I should be doing. Hurts but I keep going. 
I've done a bit more sorting out of my trigger foods. I'm reintroducing onions slowly to see if I can have a taste in our food. One thing I have noticed twice now is wheat used as a filler in sausages and on a coating for chicken. It could be the chemicals used with the filler. I have a feeling it is a combination of both. As I eat those foods, I feel bloated. I can eat one piece of bread in the morning and have something with wheat in it at night. I have to control what wheat products I eat. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room after lunch and cut out grandson's pajama pants. I serged the seams that needed doing and started sewing them together. Serged more seams and did more sewing. When I shut down for the day, all I needed to do was hem the legs and do the waist elastic. If I didn't have to make dinner, they would have been done. 
Please notice - the cutting table has been cleaned off. It gets a pile on it after the pants are done. I'm doing piping for a few days. I can send a box of stuff to daughter that will arrive after Christmas. 
The light I have on the sewing cabinet died yesterday and I don't think I can get a bulb for it. It's an unusual bulb and I'm not spending time looking for a new one. Instead, I'm going to be looking for a new light and will be getting one for the Spousal Unit to do puzzles with. Both will have LED light bulbs. 

Knitting

The test pattern is moving along. The second sleeve was finished and I got the sweater on double pointed needles. The number of stitches was correct so I knit 2 rows before calling it an evening. 
The next row is the buttonhole row and the start of decreasing for the shaping of the shoulders (raglan sleeves). There is a big collar to be done and then the finishing of it. It is a lot of work but a very nice pattern. 

Today

I have laundry to fold, bedrooms to clean, sew, and knit. I may or may not go to the grocery store as I will be grocery shopping tomorrow in the city. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment