Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Towels are Being Made

Yesterday was warmer than the past few days but it was also cloudy. At 9 p.m. I discovered we had had some freezing rain and ice pellets. It was expected but still a surprise. This morning it is raining but there is a coating of ice on things. 

Lifestyle

As it wasn't raining, we headed out to get a couple of Christmas presents bought. That was 2 stops in New Minas and one on the way home. We were home by 11 a.m. 

Sewing

I spent some quality time in the sewing room making toppers for tea towels. I am really pleased with how they turned out. 
I have two done, one ready to put the topper onto, and one left to sew. I have enough fabric left to trim some other tea towels. It was a successful day in the sewing room. 

Knitting

I knit on the burgundy sweater and got the body finished and 4 rounds done on the first sleeve. I set it aside to work on the test pattern. The second sleeve is done only to find out there is a mistake in the pattern. We knit row 9 as per the instructions and it should be row 10. I am not taking the sleeve back to that mistake as it is where you turn the cuff up. I will carefully tack the cuff in place if I decide to sell this creation. 

Today

I am out for the best part of the day helping with a luncheon. I will knit when I get home as I will be tired and not wanting to sew. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment