Thursday, December 19, 2019

A Day In The City

Yesterday's forecast of flurries turned out to be more than that. At least it wasn't snow or periods of snow. Snow stopped before noon which was nice. The temperature is cold this morning; -11C with a windchill of -16C. 

Lifestyle

I headed into Sackville to Weight Watchers. The trip was a bit slower than normal but not bad. I lost 1.9 lbs for a total of 11.3 lbs since restarting. I'm getting closer to the 25 lb mark that I lost before. I'm not sure where I am at with the group -- restart or old but I'm taking the old. That way I can work towards my big goal which I would not reach if I did restart. 
I did a lot of driving in the city and when I started the drive the roads were slushy. On the way back, the roads had improved. The temperature had gone up to -2C, the salt was working and the roads bared up quickly. I was home by 12:30 p.m. with no problems. 

Sewing

The sewing machines were taken to the store and go out today for servicing. The store's staff is wonderful and friendly. 
I upgraded my embroidery program so I can run it on both the Mac and PC computers. I will keep the old program on the oldest laptop as I can use it once in a while if necessary. 
I bought one piece of fabric from that store to make a back drop for the nativity scene. It is a lovely blue batik with stars on it. Under $10.00 for that. I will have enough left over to make something else. 
I went to Fabricville and got buttons for the sweater I made. I am one short. Also got buttons for a dress I'm knitting and am 2 short. Not a good button day. I also found some fabric I wanted and got it for the dolls. I was surprised to find one line of fabric still in the store as they told me it had sold out. The other piece is one I love and will be making a couple of items from it. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's dress and finished row 28. It is a fun pattern that is easy to follow. I know I'll be a few days knitting it as I'm not quite 1/3 done. The next test pattern won't be out until January. 

Today

We have to go to the Kia dealership to have the car checked. The low pressure light on one of the tires won't reset. Once we get home, I hope to do a few easy things here. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment