Sunday, December 15, 2019

Test Pattern Sweater Completed

Friday was our coldest day at -12C. It warmed up to 3C by late afternoon. Yesterday morning it was 3C and it warmed up to 5C with lots of rain. By 8 p.m., it was 16C, windy and raining. A tropical storm came through. This morning it is 13C and it's going to cool off to -5C during the night. Back to cooler weather. 

Lifestyle

Friday morning saw the Spousal Unit and I head out to Coldbrook to get apples and books. We stopped at the Kia dealership as one tire sensor is showing low pressure. It still remains on so I will take it to the car wash to see if the sensor is dirty. If not, it goes in to be checked. 
Friday afternoon's trip to the city was postponed to yesterday. We took the Niro in and 2/3rds filled it. Toilet paper and paper towels. It was a great trip with lots of laughs. 
Once home, I spent a few hours putting together Lego's Santa's workshop. It was a case of crawling on the floor for pieces that popped off, redoing sections, and wondering why I had about 15 pieces left over. It's done correctly and on the tree table. 
The reindeer, sled, trees, and characters are all bags ready to be put out. 

Sewing

I haven't been in the sewing room for a couple of days. I may not get any more sewing done as I'm done Christmas presents for this year. I may pack up my machines for servicing as they go out the door on Wednesday. 
I ordered the placemat pattern I wanted. 
I have to buy the fabric for the trim, the borders and back. I'm waiting until it arrives before I buy. 

Knitting

I finished the test pattern coat on Friday. It is actually a great pattern if you concentrate, count the stitches, and pay attention to what you are doing. It certainly is not a beginner's pattern but it isn't advanced. It's an intermediate knitter's pattern. 
The hat is half done and should be finished tonight. Then it's back to finish a sweater I set aside to test. 

Today

It's going to be a cookie baking and Christmas decorating day. Oh....laundry and a bit of housework needs to be done also. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment