Friday, December 13, 2019

I Love Christmas Fabric

Yesterday remained cool. It was windy in the morning and calmer in the afternoon. It was clear until this morning (the full moon was beautiful) and the temperature is -12C. Warming up to -1C today and raining tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

As I did some housework and laundry, the Spousal Unit went out to clear the driveway. The wind was blowing up the snow and we had a couple of good white outs while he was out. He came in happy and cold. Coffee warmed him up. 

Sewing

While the machine was doing its thing embroidering, I hauled out all the Christmas fabric and measured it. I have 29.2 meters of it. 
Add 2 kits....
And 2 UFOs.......

and I started to feel horrified, overwhelmed, and somewhat angry. I had to set those feelings aside and start planning how I am going to sew it up. 
I see at least 3 to 4 reading pillows, a tree skirt, table topper and runners, and placemats for sure. It's a good thing January and February are indoor months and I think I am going to challenge myself to sew up a lot of that fabric in those 2 months. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit yesterday and am finally finished the area of concentration. It is 16 rows of knit 1, purl 1. 
I am hoping it will be done by tomorrow night and the hat started. This has been quite a knitting ride with mistakes in the pattern (why we test), forgetting to concentrate, and getting your head around the sleeve markers (which are between knit 2). But, it is looking gorgeous. 

Today

We are heading out to buy apples, books, and cat food in the morning. In the afternoon, I'm heading into the city with daughter-in-law to do a bit of shopping. Tonight I will knit. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment