Thursday, December 12, 2019

A Christmas Fabric Obsession

Yesterday started out at 1C and rain. It changed to snow for the most of the day. This morning it is -6C and cool out. 
The start of the snow. No panic as the kids came over and shoveled the driveway for us. Three kids, 15 minutes and they were done. 

Lifestyle

We were out for haircuts in the morning and then again in the afternoon for a few groceries. I bought the Spousal Unit Storm Chips as a joke due to the snow storm we had. I'm putting them away for Christmas lunch. 

Sewing

As I needed to launder two tea towels for embroidery, I added 7.5 meters of fabric to the load. I grabbed Christmas fabrics. 
I have fabric to make next year's reading pillow, a wall hanging or table runner and who knows what else. The orange piece will be piping or a doll's dress.
With the plaid on the chair, I grabbed the rest of the fabrics I have in that fabric line. I like them and will probably be done up to decorate the basement over Christmas. 
That is about 11 meters of Christmas fabric. And there is more that hasn't been dug out and photographed. I think I have a Christmas fabric obsession. And it is a bit overwhelming. 
I'm putting these fabrics together when I redo the stash. I have to figure out ideas of what I want to make and follow through on it. 
By the way, I am going to measure how much Christmas fabric I do have. A reminder to myself not to buy any more even if I love it. 

Knitting

The knit-unknit saga of the test pattern continues. I knit one row 3 times and it looked wrong. I mulled over it and realized it was wrong, corrected it (and reported it) and am moving on to getting it done. I'm hoping it is going to be smooth sailing to the finish. It is going to be cute when finished. 

Today

I have some housework to do, bring up the table the tree will sit on as I want to start decorating. I have to embroider the second tea towel and knit on the test pattern. A busy day as we want to be out tomorrow. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment