Saturday, December 21, 2019

Cleaning The Sewing Room Begun

Yesterday was a nice day. The temperature got to 2C. This morning it is -2C with a slim chance of flurries. Tonight is suppose to get to -7C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I started to clean the basement. The bathroom got done except for the floor. Then I started in the family room. I moved the puzzle table around to see if it will be better in front of the windows. That area is cleaned except for the floors. Once the whole basement is cleaned, I will then wash the floors. 
I do have some tubs in the family room that need to be returned to daughter-in-law. I also have a box I'm packing to go to the thrift shop. The area is coming along but there are some messy bits. 

Sewing

The big clean up of the sewing room started yesterday afternoon. I started in the area where the desk is to go. 
It had less in it than when we reloaded after the basement was done but I had ignored these long enough. 
The blue tub is in the family room as it is full of pictures. The green tub has been emptied with some items in the family room until I find a box for them, some on the cutting table waiting to be put away and some into the trash or donate box. The tub is ready to be returned to its owner. 
The file holder in the corner has doll clothes patterns in it. I sorted through them, organized them and got rid of a few. They are pdf patterns that I store on the computer. The empty area will have a desk and filing cabinet. It is my work station area. The corner desk will be emptied and used only to display a few items on the top. The floor has been swept and ready to be washed. I was happy with what I got done. 
I spent a bit of time playing with my new embroidery software. I did a wall hanging that will be pieced together. I learned how to save each of the 4 designs (they spell snow) and how to make a picture of one. 
The snowflake is a free design I picked up a few years ago and the lettering is one I bought last week. I still have to do color changes but so far I am happy with the results. Next up is to find the fabric I want to use from the stash.

Knitting

I tried the dress I'm knitting onto Kit and it is too big. I'm fussy about fit. 
I will start it again on one size smaller needles. It was a toss up as to which needles I would use when I started it. 
I started the next test pattern and have knit 9 rows on it. It is an easier knit than the last test pattern and should knit up quickly. 

Today

This morning is to make buns and do some housework. This afternoon is working in the sewing room. The closet is the target area today. If it is done in good time, I will clean off the cutting table. This evening will be knitting. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment