Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Lovely Change of Plans

Yesterday started out cold at -12C and ended up at 3C at 9 pm. During the night the temperature rose to 6C and back down to 3C this morning. There were ice pellets, snow, and rain starting mid afternoon to 9 p.m.

Lifestyle

November's budget is done and I'm happy about that. As I finished up, we got a phone call to lunch in Sackville. A change of plans and a nice one. 
The drive to Sackville was great. Roads clear and we clipped along. On the way home, we came the old highway so we could stop at son's house for a minute. We were about 10 minutes from there and ice pellets started to fall. There was a light coating on the ground when we got home. 
We had to go to town to pick up my parcel at 4:30 pm. The skies had got darker all afternoon and when we left if was just starting to snow. Got home and it was snowing good. Out to the mail as another parcel arrived and it was really snowing. Roads were being plowed and salted. It stopped snowing and then rained. Almost all the snow is gone this morning. 

Sewing

The floor of the sewing room did not get washed yesterday. I will try today to get it done. 
The two parcels that arrived were a surprise as I thought they wouldn't arrive until Jan. 2. 
This placemat pattern had been at the main sorting postal center near Halifax for 7 days before it was delivered. It was caught in the backlog of parcels. I read the pattern and can't wait to make the place mats. If there is enough fabric left over, I'll do the other pieces also (Napkin rings and table topper).
The other parcel moved quickly through the system as it came via other means of transportation. I was surprised that it was delivered yesterday. Nellie arrived and I'm in love with her. 
She is as lovely as they said on eBay. I didn't buy her for the dress so it will be put in the bought clothes bin. Her hair is lovely, her limbs tight and she is clean. Her face is cute and not like the others and she has freckles. 
I will be researching her wardrobe and matching patterns to make her a wardrobe. 

Knitting

I knit on the dress last night and am about half done. Kit tried it on and it fits her perfectly. 
I have been concentrating on the pattern as there have been a lot of decreases through the body. Once we get past the waist, there is increases for the skirt. I will be excited to see it done as it is a cute pattern. 

Today

December's budget is to be done, sewing room floors washed, knitting on the dolls dress, and, if time, making a paper pattern for a tree skirt. 
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment