Monday, December 02, 2019

Figuring Out Towels to Hang On the Stove

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. Cold with a high of -2C. It got to -9C last night but has since gone up to -7C. Cloudy with ice pellets mixed with freezing rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday's housework was cleaning the bathroom. It got a good scrubbing and smells fresh and clean. Used a new cleaner that smells like grapefruit. A load of laundry was also done. 

Sewing

I finished up the towel topper pattern and traced it onto tracing pellon. I did a trial run and the first topper turned out great. No pictures as I'm in the process of trying to figure out the towel part. The ones I bought are microfibre and are thick. I may resort to something thinner. I left the sewing room with my mind working overtime. When I get things figured out, I will do a tutorial on this Christmas project. 

Knitting

The burgundy doll sweater has been set aside just as I started the ribbing at the bottom. I got the test pattern and set it up and knit the first sleeve to the underarm. 
It will be put onto a double pointed needle and the second sleeve will be started. I chose the cream (called Cloud) over the dusty pink as I have more of it. 
My stash of this weight yarn is getting depleted. I am going to have to try sock yarn with a size larger needles. A swatch will have to be done. 

Today

I have to get fabric for the toppers and I'd like to figure out if I'm going to get thinner towels or what. I love the microfibre ones and would love to use them. More thinking today about what I am going to do. I will also be knitting on the 2nd sleeve. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment