Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Beginning Thoughts for 2020 Sewing

Monday night was blustery with rain. The temperature rose to 14C overnight. The rain stopped yesterday morning and the high got to 16C. The remaining snow was melted by rain and warmth. This morning it is 1C and at 8 a.m. it has started to snow. 

Lifestyle

With the wind hitting the house with wind up to 80 km/hour, I slept horridly. I hate the wind and we've lived in windy areas for many years. I lack sleep from it at times. 
I headed out to WW yesterday morning, a day early. I lost .8 lb. and was happy with my loss. I hope to have lost 10 lbs. total by next Wednesday. The leader is inspiring as she talks to us about falling off the wagon, how we can check in and not weigh, and how to get through certain times of stress, etc. I'm enjoying it very much as it is different than what was discussed at my old meeting. 
I did some shopping and was home by 1:30 p.m. I was tired and had a nap which was only 20-30 minutes long. 

Sewing

I finished up 3 meters of piping for daughter. Used up half of the piece of satin she sent me. 
I am now ready to start an embroidery project. It will be a fun one that I'm excited to start. 
I've been thinking about the fabric in the sewing room. I'm pleased with what I've sewn this year. Two of the shelves are in a mess and it's stressing me out. I can't wait to organize them after next week. 
The stash still gives me feeling of guilt and anger. But I'm working on looking at it positively. 

  • It's inventory and I can shop from it daily if necessary saving me money towards the embroidery software I want. 
  • There are some gorgeous fabrics in there to sew for next Christmas. I have 12 months of to-do lists to put those fabrics into and sew them up.  
  • I've dug deep and have fabric to make next winter's reading pillows for the library and for sale. 
  • I can sew for the fall fair from the inventory. 
When I clean up the sewing room, I am going to put all the UFO's in a pile. I want to finish one per month and have them out of the way. 
This has led me to thinking about making my list for the year. What will I make each month using up the stash and finishing a UFO. I'm excited to start next year's journey. 

Knitting

When I finished knitting on Monday night the jacket looked like this.
I had the sweater on 4 double pointed needles and stitches were slipping off and I was in frustrated mode. I found I had a 2nd circular needle in the same size so I got the right number of stitches and knit it on those two needles. It's quite easy to do. 
I knit 3 rows and unknit 3 rows as I was out 2 stitches. Found I had miscounted by 1 stitch and was missing a yarn over. Fixed it up and am ready to move forward. I need to talk my way through the patterns. There are two of them. Lacy for the sleeves and a different lacy pattern for the body. I also have to count repeats so I can do the raglan sleeve decrease. It is quiet knitting at this time. 

Today

We are out soon for hair cuts, home to do some cleaning in the kitchen, wash tea towels in preparation to do some embroidery. Knitting tonight. With it suppose to snow most of the day, it will be an inside day. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment