Monday, November 25, 2019

Working Through November's List

The daytime temperature was cool with a high of 4C. As night settled in, the temperature rose and this morning it was 10C. We had rain during the night so a storm has gone through. 

Lifestyle

Laundry was done and the kitchen was cleaned. It was a busy morning in our house. I was pleased with the results and it is keeping me going to finish the upstairs this week. 
As it was cool outside, we didn't do the Christmas lights. Maybe today it will happen. I'd like to get them up so I don't have to worry about them if it turns cold. 

Sewing

I finished the dolly drawers yesterday afternoon. They fit small on Jennie. 
I don't like how the inside seams pull up but that may have more to do with the fit on the doll than the pattern. I have used up all the broadcloth I own but I have some lighter weight fabric to try another pair. 
Quite by accident I found a video on seam finishes using your sewing machine and I learned more about my machine. I am impressed at what I learned and a bit upset we didn't learn more about these features when I bought the machine. The people sold the machines, offered support, but really didn't know all the tricks to the machines they had in stock. On my own, I will go through a series of lessons to learn more. 

Knitting

I pulled out the doll's crocheted shoes and worked on them. I got the first shoe done and it fits okay. 
After finishing it, I decided that I will put the two soles together using a single crochet rather than a slip stitch. Why? I crochet a bit tighter than the designer. 
The second shoe presented a bit of a problem. When putting the two soles together, I didn't realize you needed to think right foot/left foot. I had two right footed shoes. I struggled to get the red yarn around the sole. Once that was done (it isn't pretty), I had no issues and am ready to do the last two rows with the strap. No buttons or other decorations will adorn these shoes as they are test shoes. I did learn a lot and will try a pair of boots next. 

Today

I need to vacuum and wash floors. I'd like to do the Christmas lights and the flower pot. Sewing this afternoon will be napkins. I have 8 left to hem and want to finish them up this week. Next week is for grandson's pajama pants. The second shoe will be finished and the UFOs will be done. I hope to start a doll's hat - an easy knit. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment