Sunday, November 03, 2019

Doll Thoughts In The Midst of Sewing

Yesterday was clear and sunny. The high got to 11C and it cooled off quickly last night. 1C and cloudy this morning. Little or no rain in sight, just cloud. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I focused on cleaning the master bedroom. It was a big job but it looks great in there. The bedding and mats were laundered which equated to 3 loads. It was a full morning's job. 
While I was doing the room, the Spousal Unit told me hated the blankets we have on the bed. They are actually horrid and at the end of their life. I'm thinking of looking for a coverlet in a light denim blue. Then I can do other items in denim for our room. 

Sewing

I sewed up the second cushion cover and started a table topper out of daughter's fabric. I have to design a table runner for her table also. I want to have these items done to ship on Thursday. 
Once done, I will take a day or two off and recharge. I want to do some thinking while I tidy up and prep the rest of the items for November. If I want to sew, it will be the lobster fabric. 

The Dolls

I haven't done much extra sewing for the dolls due to sewing for the west coast. I've also been wanting to sew down the main stash as I can live with the doll's stash. The main stash is not huge but it is there bugging me to be gone off the shelves. The doll's stash is more contained as the pieces are smaller. 
I'm still waffling between selling the doll's outfits and ????? I'm not sure if I want to do craft sales or if I should bite the bullet and sell on Etsy. What I do know is I need a plan and a couple more dolls. No Gotz dolls at the moment but American Girl dolls; Kit and Marie Grace (more modern and historical). It's a big dilemma that is holding me back. 
The other dilemma that is holding me back is fear of not doing a perfect job on each and every outfit. I worry about details. I also worry about fit. If it fits my doll, will it fit other dolls. I know that I'm obsessing about it and need to move forward. 
I'm going to follow one designer/sewer's ideas I'm gleaning from how she posts. I will work on one outfit and do it well and not worry about what I want to do next. I need to choose patterns and fabrics carefully. I also need to repeat patterns using different fabrics so I become familiar with them so they go together easily. 
I can see a few pattern purchases in 2020 from one particular designer. 

Knitting

I've been in the world of knit, unknit, and reknit. I am now ahead of the game and hope to get this scarf done. I'm ready to finish UFO's and have a clean slate for January. Pictures will come when it is done. 

Today

I have a bit of housework to do, a bit of shopping and some sewing. Grandson is suppose to come over for his weekly lesson this afternoon. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment