Thursday, November 07, 2019

A Knitting Disaster

Though yesterday started out warm, the temperature fell all day and the cold wind blew. By 9 p.m., it was 6C and this morning it is -1C. Showers are expected today and snow on the weekend. The snow shouldn't last as it warms up some. 

Lifestyle

We are moving through grieving for the Spousal Unit's brother. I'm just sad but the Spousal Unit is having a wide range of emotions ranging from anger to deep sadness. He does come out of it and that helps him see the fun things he and his brother did. 
I got a book from the library on family names in Newfoundland and have been looking up family names and some information on them. I've also been looking up more on the internet for an hour on days I can. 
The lady at the library told us about the reading pillow I made. One little girl was so excited to win it. I have to make another one for them for a Christmas draw. I have the fabric but need to buy some fusible fleece. 

Sewing

I started the doll's vest yesterday afternoon. It is really cute but I'm hoping it's going to fit. 
I am ready to start the back. 
Daughter and I talked about piping for her shirts. I want to make a box full and send it to her. I'm using pieces of what she sent to me and what I have in the stash. Some pieces we chose included the left over bit from I used for piping on her lunch bag. 
There is enough for 1-2 shirts.
I made her a trial piece that she loved. More piping will be made from that. It goes great with a piece of satin she sent me and that piece will be piping also.
And the last piece is this purple I found in the Halloween tub. She gets part of it as I need part for a project. 
I am hoping to make these fabrics into piping between projects. A bit at a time as I need to keep sewing other items. 

Knitting

Knitting was a disaster last night. I started on the doll's sweater to get it finished. One of the needles slipped of while doing the sleeve and I had to rip all out -- 35 rows. As the design has a lot of lacy bits in it, it was easier to rip it out. I started again and did 6 rows. At that point, I picked up grandson's socks and knit a few rows on one of them. 
Unless I have a pattern to test, these are the two projects I will be working on until they are done. The goal is to start 2020 having no unfinished knitting projects. 

Today

I head out to WW this morning and will be doing some shopping afterwards. I doubt if I will sew but I will knit. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment