Monday, November 11, 2019

And It Snowed..................

We've had some interesting weather here. All expected though. Friday a snowstorm came raging in and it left our area white. 
There was about 2" on the ground. Saturday it melted in the sun and more disappeared yesterday. It is warm this morning at 8C and we are to have it warmer and could rain or snow tonight. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit is much better as we had some communication from the family that left us laughing. There will be some grieving but he's on the road to feeling better. He will miss his brother though. 
On Saturday, daughter-in-law and I went shopping. We were doing some Christmas buying plus groceries. I started to hurt part way through the morning and by the time we got home, I was a sore mess. I hurt from the waist down. It was gone by yesterday morning. Not sure if it was from the storm coming in tonight or if my thyroid had fun attacking my body. I spent two hours stretching before it felt better. 
Yesterday was quiet with our grandson coming over for his English lesson. We are slugging through worksheets with lots of learning. 

Sewing

I finished the test pattern. It is cute and fits well. There are really no issues with it. 
I'm removing the clasp and putting snaps and buttons on the front. I want it to fit closer to the doll's body. 
The sewing room is tidy and ready for the next project. I need to make another reading pillow for the library. 

Knitting. 

I laid the doll's sweater I am trying to finish to one side as I got another pattern to test. This one has baby and regular cables. I've knit the body to the underarms and have almost knit one of the backs. This time, I printed out the instructions and it really helps to follow the pattern. As I knit each row, I stroke off the stitches I knit. No mistakes at all. The only issue I have -- Elliott lays on top of the instructions as well as the yarn. 

Today

Housework, sewing and knitting. It is a stay at home day as there are no stores open here. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment