Thursday, November 21, 2019

Rambling Thoughts Or Am I Crazy?

Yesterday was damp, cool, and windy. It actually felt cold outside and I wore my winter coat. It got to 4C. The temperature is the same this morning and it has rained during the night.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I was gone from just before 9 a.m. until just after 5:30 p.m. It was a long day and I'm sore this morning. I need to do some stretching today to help ease out the soreness. 
One of my goals for the day was to find out about getting my sewing machine and serger serviced. I found the store I was looking for and will be taking the machines in next month for servicing. 
While in the store, I looked around and saw some cute fabric, presser feet, and thread. Oh my, I had to refrain from buying anything. 
I did up Ikea, did grocery shopping, and a few other stores along the way. I even got turned around a couple of times. All in shopping outside of familiar territory. I yelled at google maps, took ramps off and got myself back to where I wanted to go via the route I wanted to go. 
I picked up the doll at 5:00 p.m. to find out she has never been played with. I scored well and she will be a perfect model for me. 

Sewing

I had some time during the day to think about sewing and the sewing room. After seeing some lovely fabrics, I need to do more stash sewing in 2020. Though my goal is to sew 50 meters next year, I'm aiming  for 75 meters or better. I'm putting together a plan for 2020 and here are some of my thoughts as I come to the end of sewing for 2019.

  • Sew bigger items. I still want to make more reading pillows, an apron, shopping bags, and several other big yardage items. 
  • Organize the stash so I can put projects together for the  year. 
  • Sew up the doll's stash by making lots of simple items that can be sold via craft fairs or on Etsy. Continue to use the stash for test patterns. 
There is more rolling around in my brain and I'm working hard at figuring it out. I reflect, I plan, I add, I subtract and I will get a plan for 2020.

Knitting

Knitting down the stash continues into 2020. I'm doing well in that area as I've bought very little yarn this year to put into the stash. Most of what I bought has been knit up. 
  • I have 8-9 test knits left for the Downton Abbey yarn and it will be gone. 
  • Sports weight yarn is plentiful but I have lots of doll patterns to knit that weight yarn. 
  • Sock yarn is slowly been used. Most of it is expensive yarn. It is the yarn I have the biggest issue knitting.
  • Worsted weight yarn can be used up quickly for hats and scarves. 
I knit most nights and use up a lot of yarn in a year. With the focus mainly on the stash, I'm looking forward to seeing the bins get empty. 

2020

  • Will all the yarn and fabric stashes be gone by Dec. 31, 2020? No they won't. I'm hoping I will have a huge dent in both. 
  • Will I buy fabric during the year? Probably as I will need some to finish projects and some for a treat. I'm hoping it will be less than 10 meters. 
  • Will I buy yarn during the year? Probably so I can knit up doll clothes for sale. My goal will be to knit the skein up before I buy more. 
  • Will I buy notions and trims? Notions yes but trims should be minimal. I need to use up what I have. That means planning. 
  • Will I buy doll clothes pattern? A few to make outfits. I am making a plan to keep it to a minimum and to use patterns I have. 
Goal planning is important to use up the stash. I have to keep my goals in mind for both yearly and monthly. It helps me focus on what I have and keeps me from buying what I really don't need at this time. 
Until the next time....................................


No comments:

Post a Comment