Wednesday, November 20, 2019

The Reusable Bag is Done

Yesterday was a dull grey day. The temperature got to 6C which was nice. Overnight was 2C and we are to get rain/snow tonight. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to do a few things yesterday. The first stop was the library to deliver the Christmas reading pillow. They were so excited to receive it. The children have been asking if there will be another pillow draw. I'm thrilled to donate and thrilled that January's pillow is made. 
Christmas decorating has begun here. The neighbor across the street put up a lot yesterday. It looked neat last night but I couldn't get a picture. We will do ours this weekend and it is minimal compared to what others do. 
Elliott is on a diet (8 days now) and we are all adjusting to his requests. That includes himself. He is getting later at demanding food in the morning. He's resigned to a few pieces of kibble during the day and his main eat first thing in the morning and last thing at night. We are getting use to no caving to his demands. He has a couple of pounds to loose and it will not be pretty getting them off. 

Sewing

I finished the reusable grocery bag yesterday. It went together nicely and looks neat. 
I'm down to 2 gifts left to make and then I will do piping until I shut down the sewing room for the big clean. The mess is starting to bug me and I'm finding it hard not to stop and clean it up. I will shove through by sweeping the floor. 

Knitting

I tried the sweater set on Lily. She is slimmer and taller than American Girl dolls. It doesn't need to be any adaptions done to it except make the sleeves a bit longer. 
If/when I make it again, I will do one extra cable repeat on the sleeves. 
I continue to knit on grandson's socks. Around and around and I'm making headway. I will stop at 9 1/4" and then knit on the other sock. Toes and done. I have 2 UFOs left -- a hat and doll shoes. The goal is to have them done by Dec. 31 or earlier. 

Today

I am off to the city to Weight Watchers, find the store where I can get my sewing machines serviced, do some shopping, and pick up my new to me doll. I'll be home later than normal (6 p.m.) so will be driving in the dark which I don't like to do. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment