Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Beginning of A Pillow

Yesterday's weather was sunny and cloudy. There was a north wind, sun, and clouds. Not a bad day. This morning, the wind is blowing, it is 10C and we are to have rain. We are actually under a rain warning. The temperature is to get to 16C today. 

Lifestyle

We stayed home yesterday as it was Remembrance Day. As there are a lot of military in the province, most business close for the day. I spent the morning scrubbing the bathroom and doing some laundry. 
Later in the afternoon, I did a bit of genealogy. I went back and looked at messages I have received from people and found out there is a letter attached to my 2nd great grandmother on another family tree. I downloaded it and read it. From that, I was able to find her marriage date. My 2nd great grandfather had changed his name as he supposedly was a deserter from the army. Not sure if that was true. I had heard that name attached to him but didn't think much of it until I read the letter and found it's the name he used when he got married. A great score. 

Health

My IBS is getting better. Eating small portions and eliminating foods that are irritants have been the key. The latest food I've eliminated is peaches. I've lost about 6 lbs since I started back at WW. I'm happy with the results both with my gut health and weight loss. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room working on a pillow. I wanted to use the embroidery component of the sewing machine. 
I finished cross hatching the front and then set up the embroidery. The time stitching out was over 30 minutes. The result is lovely. 
I laid out how it may look and the embroidery is upside down. I'm sitting on it as I'm thinking the blue may be too bright/much. I have several options

  • The grey at the top could be the pocket with the embroidery inserted into it. 
  • I could embroider the design again onto the grey fabric using grey thread.
  • The blue could be the smaller size part of the pocket and the polar bear print or the grey could be the larger part. 
Nothing is cut so I have lots of options. Need to play and make a decision. Photos are wonderful to help see the final idea. 

Knitting

I knit up a storm on the test pattern and am ready to start the other front. 
I love this pattern and will be using a grey plaid skirt in the stash to showcase the pattern when done. 

Today

I have to do a bit of shopping, some housework, and then sew. In the evening I will knit the front of the sweater. A day to be busy as the weather indicates it will be an inside day. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment