Monday, November 18, 2019

A Very Productive Day

Yesterday was another cool day with lots of sunshine and very little wind. Today it is suppose to warm up and rain. It is -5C this morning and cloudy. 

Lifestyle

I made a list of jobs that needed doing and flew at it yesterday morning. I was done before I knew it and it felt good knowing those little jobs are done. 
Grandson didn't come yesterday as he had a project to do for school. We missed him but understand that he needs to get other school work done also. 
We talked about putting up outside Christmas decorations and the neighbors must have heard us. They all started. The Spousal Unit brought in one pot to thaw so I can stick the artificial flowers in that I use at Christmas. We will do the lights next Monday. We also talked about yard decorations but scrapped the idea as we have no place to store them. So, we stick with lights, flower pot, and maybe something else that can go on the front steps. I need to figure out a way to hold the wreath on the front door so it doesn't blow off. I'm thinking a second hook at the bottom that I can slip the wreath into so both the top and bottom are secure. 

Sewing

I spent a good 45 minutes taking the Christmas reading pillow apart and adding the handle. I'm happy with the result. That was part of the to do list in the morning. 
My second trip to the sewing room was to only look for fabric to make a reusable cloth bag. I moved a bit of fabric and found the left over fabric from this bag. 
The print will be the outside of the bag and the plaidish looking fabric the lining. If I have some yellow fabric left over, I will do some piping on the handles and the button closure. I was so excited that I cut out the pieces and am now ready to start putting it together. That fabric is gone from the stash leaving me a very happy person.

Knitting

The test pattern sweater is finished and it is another lovely pattern from this tester. 
I started the hat later in the afternoon and by the time I started dinner the ribbing was done. 
By bedtime, the hat was done. Photo shoot this morning. 

Today

I'm planning on making buns this morning and while they are rising, I'm cleaning the couch. Elliott has shed a lot of hair on it. When I get his favorite spot done, I will put a blanket on it so he can shed on it. This afternoon, I would like to sew the bag and this evening knit on the UFO sweater. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment