Saturday, November 02, 2019

A Clean Up Day

Yesterday was grey and damp. Warm with the temperature at 19C when we got up. It went up to 20C. The wind started to blow and it blew hard. Mid afternoon, the skies cleared and the temperature started to drop. It was 3C at 6 am this morning. Back to normal fall temperatures. 

Lifestyle

The morning was spent putting away all the Halloween decorations. We picked up, sorted, boxed, and got it done. Once finished, we put the saw horses into the garage and had some extra space. We headed out the shed, tidied up a bit and hauled the boxes of planters (for next spring) up there. We shut the garage door at 11:15 and were tired. 
In the afternoon, I sat quietly and rested. I wasn't feeling all that great. I had a nap and woke up cranky. After preparing dinner, I felt better. Not great, but better. I'm hoping what ever it was is gone. 

Sewing

I stepped into the sewing room to get yarn and looked at the fabric on the cutting table that needs to be sewn. I will get it done in the next couple of days. I also looked at the shelving unit and am seeing spaces showing up. That is a good feeling. The down feeling is there is too much fabric still and it is looking messy. Once I finish up the Christmas sewing, I will spend time cleaning up the shelves and plan 2020's sewing projects. 
I look at the garment fabric and keep thinking I should start sewing it up. I will have to go through it and decide. Is it what I want? What will my wardrobe look like? I need time to think on it and that will become a 2020 project. I need to face that it has to be sewn or given away. I need to face the fact I need a t-shirt pattern and will buy one in 2020. I am thinking Pamela's Perfect T-shirt pattern. It has me thinking of 2020's plans in the sewing room.

Knitting

I've unknit and reknit and catch myself doing the increase stitch wrong. But, I'm ready to join the scarf into the round. This set will go into the donate box as the yarn is too scratchy for me to wear. It's the alpaca. 
I'm spending time this month finishing up unfinished projects so they are off the needles. I need to get that done before I open any more balls of yarn. 

Today

It's laundry, a bit of housework and down to sew. This evening I will knit. 
Until the next time....................................


No comments:

Post a Comment